Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG]: when using `xl restore`ïxc_evtchn_alloc_unbound will raise this error

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Wei Liu <Wei.Liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 02:12 +0000, éç wrote:

> I got it, but the error ` Âxc: error: do_evtchn_op:
> HYPERVISOR_event_channel_op failed: -1 (3 = No such process): Internal
> error. ` said no such process, the system error description
> didn't seem has anything to do with the following lines wich raised
> Â85 Â Âstate->store_port = xc_evtchn_alloc_unbound(ctx->xch, domid,
> 0);
> Â86 Â Âstate->console_port = xc_evtchn_alloc_unbound(ctx->xch, domid,
> 0);

The error code -1 is -EPERM, which means you don't have permission to
issue this operation. I don't think this is a bug. There might be some
problems with your setup.

If you need any pointer in reading source code, I will be happy to help.

Wei.

  Thanks for your kindness!Â

  I looked into the functions for logging, in this case,ÂÂ`3 = No such process` was from `errno` and the ` HYPERVISOR_event_channel_op failed: -1Â` was from hypervisor-level error(src/xen/common/event_channel.c).
In my option, that's to say, error number of -1 was caused by hypervisor; but what was the error number of 3 caused by, Âdom0?
Do both the two error numbers refer to the description defined in errno.h or else hypervisor has its own error description?

  I run `xl restore` in sudo mode, it had no reason for `EPERM`.