[Xen-devel] Compiling init-xenstore-domain.c to initialize a OCamel Xenstore Stubdomain

Hello all,

I post this message to the xen-users and xen-devel list because I think that it is not clear if a user or only a developer can help me out.

At the moment I'm working on Dom0 disaggregation and I want to create a OCamel Xenstore Stubdomain. So I hope that I have all needed dependencies so I have Xen 4.2 with XSM and FLASK compiled in (XMS Framework appears in xl dmesg so I think it works completely) and Linux 3.6.10 (information in the web said that Linux 3.5 or above with pv_ops is needed for this).

Now I need to have the init-xenstore-domain utility to modify the init scripts so that the xenstore stubdomain get loaded instead of starting xenstored in Dom0 (I hope that this is right). So I wanted to compile init-xenstore-domain.c from the source directory /tools/xenstore/ within the Xen 4.2.0 source directory.

I tried to do this with this command:

gcc -c -I/root/xen-4.2.0/dist/install/usr/include/ -I/root/xen-4.2.0/tools/libxc/ -I/root/xen-4.2.0/xen/include/ /root/xen-4.2.0/stubdom/xenstore/init-xenstore-domain.c -o /root/init-xenstore-domain

In my case the xen-4.2.0 directory is located inside a debian base "build" chroot in the /root/ directory. At the moment I get this error and I don't know how to include the libelf.h file because of this I get this error:

In file included from /root/xen-4.2.0/stubdom/xenstore/init-xenstore-domain.c:9: /root/xen-4.2.0/tools/libxc/xc_dom.h:17:31: error: xen/libelf/libelf.h: No such file or directory In file included from /root/xen-4.2.0/stubdom/xenstore/init-xenstore-domain.c:9: /root/xen-4.2.0/tools/libxc/xc_dom.h:63: error: field 'parms' has incomplete type

I tried to include the directory /root/xen-4.2.0/xen/include/xen/ (base on my directory structure) and also created a symlink so that the folder xen and the subfolder libelf (like mentioned in the include directive of the source file) and linked to the libelf.h file which is included in the directory mentioned above, but all this thing result in the same error so how could I compile init-xenstore-domain utility? The normal xenstore stubdomain file (not the ocamel variant) was builded successfully by the build system. But the build system at now don't seem to build the init-xenstore-domain utility so I thought I have to compile it seperately.

Hope that someone can help me out.

Best Regards