Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Re: Xen 4 TSC problems

>>> On 23.10.12 at 09:18, Mauro <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  A kernel run with no Xen underneath it.
>
> Here is:
>
> uname -a
> Linux xen-p02 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 10:07:46 UTC 2012
> x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm sorry to say that, but 2.6.32 is nowhere close to "recent" (as
I had asked for). The thing is that the (unfortunately incomplete)
hypervisor log you sent earlier leaves open whether we mis-detect
ARAT on that system (the relevant HPET message is info level, but
you had "loglvl=warning" in place), so we can't be certain of either
fact (ARAT actually being reported by the CPU as well as whether
HPET broadcast is getting set up).

Irrespective of that it would also be useful to know whether the
native kernel (and in particular its CPU idle management) work
on that system, and which C-states it actually makes use of. So
getting us the contents of the respective sysfs nodes would also
be helpful for reference.

Jan