Re: [Xen-devel] [HYBRID]: status update...

> I hope this isn't bikeshedding; but I don't like "Hybrid" as a name
> for this feature, mainly for "marketing" reasons.  I think it will
> probably give people the wrong idea about what the technology does.
> PV domains is one of Xen's really distinct advantages -- much simpler
> interface, lighter-weight (no qemu, legacy boot), &c &c.  As I
> understand it, the mode you've been calling "hybrid" still has all of
> these advantages -- it just uses some of the HVM hardware extensions
> to make the interface even simpler / faster.  I'm afraid "hybrid" may
> be seen as, "Even Xen has had to give up on PV."

Hmm i must say i was indeed under the impression that hybrid was == HVM + PV
drivers.
But from what i read above it would be much more interesting by avoiding the
qemu stuff, but still using the HVM hardware extensions.

So i think you have a point for people who don't dive too deep into what the
actual features are.

--
Sander