Re: [Xen-devel] [HYBRID]: status update...

I hope this isn't bikeshedding; but I don't like "Hybrid" as a name
for this feature, mainly for "marketing" reasons.  I think it will
probably give people the wrong idea about what the technology does.
PV domains is one of Xen's really distinct advantages -- much simpler
interface, lighter-weight (no qemu, legacy boot), &c &c.  As I
understand it, the mode you've been calling "hybrid" still has all of
these advantages -- it just uses some of the HVM hardware extensions
to make the interface even simpler / faster.  I'm afraid "hybrid" may
be seen as, "Even Xen has had to give up on PV."

Can I suggest something like "PVH" instead?  That (at least to me)
makes it clear that PV domains are still fully PV, but just use some
HVM extensions.

Thoughts?

 -George