Re: [Xen-devel] ATI ES100 patch

On 21 May 2012 16:32, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Thanks Ian. My fault!! That is not the patch.. the patch is a few lines
> > below..
> >
> > and it's a git repository.. And yes, I haven't applied a patch in ages..
> >
> > So to end this issue with my ATI card, how do I apply this patch with git?
> >
> > I haven't done it before, and googling it says maybe with "git clone"
> > or "git apply", but there's no luck with any.. (see attachment)
> >
> > Sorry, I forgot to say this is an Ubuntu 12.04, the last one, updated.
> > Kernel 3.2.
>
> What is the ATI problem you have? The vga patch is for VGA "text" mode
> not for graphical.

Hello, sorry for the delay. I wanted to do a bit more of a research.

I have tried so many things I can't even remember, but I couldn't make
work dom0 with Ubuntu 12.04 on this server.

I reported a bug some time ago on launchpad, and I have just updated it

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xen/+bug/903124

Also I have found it's been reported a bug for the ATI card..

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1002562

It says exactly the same things in the log file of Xorg.

---

I describe the problem: when loading Ubuntu normally the graphical
performance is not very good, but it's ok. But when trying to load
dom0 the GUI completely crashes.

Thanks