Re: [Xen-devel] ATI ES100 patch

On 21 May 2012 12:55, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 11:24 +0100, eva wrote:

>> > Are you running this command from the root of a Linux kernel source
>> > tree?
>> >
>> > Ian.
>> >

>> Ian, do you mean I have to recompile the kernel after applying the patch?
>
> Well, it's a kernel patch, so yes -- obviously!
>
> You seem to be rather unfamiliar with kernels and patching etc. I would
> highly recommend that you consume a suitable kernel direct from your
> distro rather than try to path/build it yourself unless you have some
> pressing need to do so. You don't say which distro you are using but
> many of the popular ones have a Xen dom0 kernel available these days,
> including ones newer than 3.0 which have this patch already applied.
>
> Ian.

Thanks Ian. My fault!! That is not the patch.. the patch is a few lines below..

and it's a git repository.. And yes, I haven't applied a patch in ages..

So to end this issue with my ATI card, how do I apply this patch with git?

I haven't done it before, and googling it says maybe with "git clone"
or "git apply", but there's no luck with any.. (see attachment)

Sorry, I forgot to say this is an Ubuntu 12.04, the last one, updated.
Kernel 3.2.