Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] Regarding Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 on Fast Model Emulators [FME]

Questions about the port of Xen to ARM with virt extensions are best
posted to xen-devel, the xen-arm list focuses on the PV port. Adding
xen-devel since it seems you are mainly asking about the
w/-virt-extensions port.

On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 12:38 +0100, Krishna Pavan wrote:
> Please inform the status of Xen-ARM for Cortex-A8 CPU's on FME from
> ARM.

AFAIK no one has tried the w/-virt-extensions port on this model. The
only ones which I know have been tried are Cortex-A15 model and AEM.

Cortex-A8 already exists so I would be surprised if it were to be
updated with virt extensions, do you have some reason to think that it
will be?

Cortex A15 and Cortex A7 are on our radar as upcoming processors which
will have the extensions. Cortex A8 is not.

> These links here
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions
> &
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/FastModels
>
> give information about the dom0 running on FME.
>
> Though Xen-ARM is available for Cortex-A9 with KVM Virt extensions for
> Tegra2Harmony,

I'm confused by the mention of both Xen-ARM and KVM in this sentence.
Also did you mean A8 or A9 here?

> Cortex-A8 is widely used, and I would like to know the status.

AFAIK these chips don't/won't support virtualisation extensions.

Ian.