Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO [and 1 more messages]

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO [and 1 more messages]"):

> > No for these, which I haven't looked at at all.
>
> Any volunteers for this one? I suspect that a dummy ao_how isn't going
> to cut it in this case.
>
> What's the pattern for handling long running things which actually
> happen in our process? I suppose libxl needs to start a thread or fork
> or something?

The intended pattern in the new libxl event universe is to use event
callbacks.  So for example for outgoing migration you'd have an fd
writeable event which called into xc.  But that's not really doable in
this case because the libxc function is entirely monolithic and
synchronous.

The options for libxl are to fork, or to start a thread.

Ian.