Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO"):
> Ian Campbell writes ("Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO"):
> > Plan for a 4.2 release:
> > http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00793.html
> > tools, blockers:
> >       * libxl stable API -- we would like 4.2 to define a stable API
> >         which downstream's can start to rely on not changing. Aspects of
> >         this are:
>
> I took a look at libxl.h and came up with the comments below.  Firstly
> general things I tripped over, and then the list of things which need
> converting to the new event system.

And I should mention that in my event series I have two
as-yet-unposted half-backed patches to rewrite libxl__spawn_* and
libxl_domain_create_*.

It may be that we can add dummy ao_hows to these functions which might
be good enough for now, although particularly for domain creation
(which includes spawning) it might complicate the efforts of users to
use the new API.

Currently any use of subprocesses inside libxl which is not dealt with
by the new event machinery will experience problems if the event loop
is also used, because the event loop will reap the children.

Ian.