Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains communication protocol proposal

Paul Durrant writes ("RE: [Xen-devel] Driver domains communication protocol
proposal"):
> I'm wondering how we should deal with driver domain re-starts
> (possibly because of a crash). One of the compelling reasons for
> using driver domains is the ability to re-start them, possibly
> transparently to the frontend.

Right.

> If a driver domain were to crash, I guess it would be the
> responsibility of the tools to notice this and build a new one as
> quickly as possible. A frontend could notice the loss of a driver
> domain backend by, presumably a backend state watch firing followed
> by an inability to read the backend state key,

No, I don't think anything would necessarily remove the backend from
xenstore.  So the frontend shouldn't notice anything (other than a
stall, obviously) until the <frontend>/backend node was updated to
point to the replacement.

Ian.