Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domains communication protocol proposal

I'm wondering how we should deal with driver domain re-starts (possibly because
of a crash). One of the compelling reasons for using driver domains is the
ability to re-start them, possibly transparently to the frontend.
If a driver domain were to crash, I guess it would be the responsibility of the
tools to notice this and build a new one as quickly as possible. A frontend
could notice the loss of a driver domain backend by, presumably a backend state
watch firing followed by an inability to read the backend state key, as
presumably a clean unplug should go through the usual closing->closed dance
first. The frontend could then, perhaps, stall I/O while the tools build a new
driver domain and re-build communications when it notices the
<frontend>/backend key get updated by the tools. Does that sequence sound
plausible?

  Paul