Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 Release Plan / TODO

On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 09:35 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >      * xl compatibility with xm:
> >              * feature parity wrt driver domain support (George Dunlap)
> I just discovered (while playing with driver domains) that xl is
> missing one bit of feature parity with xm for pci passthrough for PV
> guests -- and that's the "pci quirk" config file support.  I'm going
> to ask Intel if they have an interest in porting it over; I think it
> should at least be a "nice-to-have", and it may be a low-level
> blocker, as a lot of devices won't work passed through without it.

This is the stuff in tools/python/xen/xend/server/pciquirk.py ?

pciback in upstream doesn't mention "quirk" which suggests no support
for the necessary sysfs node either?

tools/examples/xend-pci-quirks.sxp  seems to only have a quirk for a
single card?

I don't think we want to implement an SXP parser for xl/libxl so if this
is reimplemented I think a different format should be used.

Anyway, I'll put this onto the list.

Ian