[Xen-devel] 4.2 TODO update

This weeks update. I was away last Monday so this covers two weeks worth
of updates. I have dropped things which were marked as DONE in the last
update and added a bunch more DONE (so the list is shrinking!). Please
send me corrections (especially "done").

hypervisor, blockers:
      * round-up of the closing of the security hole in MSI-X
        passthrough (uniformly - i.e. even for Dom0 - disallowing write
        access to MSI-X table pages). (Jan Beulich -- more fixes
        required than first thought, patches posted)
      * domctls / sysctls set up to modify scheduler parameters, like
        the credit1 timeslice and schedule rate. (George Dunlap)
      * get the interface changes for sharing/paging/mem-events done and
        dusted so that 4.2 is a stable API that we hold to. (Tim Deegan,
        Andres Lagar-Cavilla et al)
              * sharing patches posted

tools, blockers:

      * libxl stable API -- we would like 4.2 to define a stable API
        which downstream's can start to rely on not changing. Aspects of
        this are:
              * drop libxl_device_model_info (move bits to build_info or
                elsewhere as appropriate). (Ian Campbell, DONE).
              * add libxl_defbool and generally try and arrange that
                memset(foo,0,...) requests the defaults (Ian Campbell,
                repost pending)
              * topologyinfo datastructure should be a list of tuples,
                not a tuple of lists. (Ian Campbell, DONE)
              * xl to use json for machine readable output instead of
                sexp by default (Ian Campbell, DONE)
              * xl feature parity with xend wrt driver domain support
                (George Dunlap)
              * More formally deprecate xm/xend. Manpage patches already
                in tree. Needs release noting and communication around
                -rc1 to remind people to test xl.

hypervisor, nice to have:

      * solid implementation of sharing/paging/mem-events (using work
        queues) (Tim Deegan, Olaf Herring et al)
      * A long standing issue is a fully synchronized p2m (locking
        lookups) (Andres Lagar-Cavilla, patches posted?)

tools, nice to have:

      * Hotplug script stuff -- internal to libxl (I think, therefore I
        didn't put this under stable API above) but still good to have
        for 4.2? (Roger Pau Monet, patches posted)
      * Block script support -- follows on from hotplug script (Roger
        Pau Monet)
      * libyajl v2 support (Roger Pau Monet, DONE)
      * Configure/control paging via xl/libxl (Olaf Herring)
      * Upstream qemu feature patches:
              * Upstream qemu PCI passthrough support (Anthony Perard)
              * Upstream qemu save restore (Anthony Perard, Stefano
                Stabellini)
      * Nested-virtualisation (currently should be marked
        experimental,likely to release that way? Consider nested-svm
        separate to nested-vmx. Nested-svm is in better shape)
      * Initial xl support for Remus (memory checkpoint, blackholing)
        (Shriram, patches posted)

Tools, need to decide if pre- or post-4.2 feature:
              * Autoconf (Roger Pau Monet posted a patch, we'll probably
                take this for 4.2)