Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: error when destroying domain on NetBSD

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 09:45 +0000, Roger Pau Monnà wrote:
> Also, libxl_domain_destroy is called twice, the first time it is
> called from destroy_domain (xl_cmdimpl.c), and the second time it is
> called from handle_domain_death, the errors shown on the log above are
> from the second call, the one that comes from handle_domain_death.
> Don't know if this is the normal behavior, but it seems quite strange
> that libxl_domain_destroy is called twice.

It's normal I think. handle_domain_death() is there to deal with
graceful shutdown and reboot scenarios e.g. to clear up after the domain
and restart as necessary.

xl destroy is explictly the command which shoots the domain in the head
and so it also calls destroy. If you want graceful you should use "xl
shutdown".

Although handle_domain_death also picks up on the destroy it shouldn't
be doing too much in that case since the interesting work has already
happened. The interesting logs will be the xl -vvv destroy ones I think.

Ian.