Re: [Xen-devel] Help with Windows guest and vncviewer

On 17 October 2011 16:52, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you start "xterm" (or similar) at the root prompt ?  If not, then
> fix that first and I think you will find that xl vncviewer will work.
Actually no. I can't start xterm at least in this way. I usually fix
this problem using this method:

sudo su - -c "xauth merge $HOME/.Xauthority;export DISPLAY=:0.0 && xterm"
as a normal user. And it works.

So, if I put "xl vncviewer" in place of "xterm" in the command above,
I can start it.

This problem has been introduced about 2 years ago on Linux systems with the new
Xorg and it comes when you are not the root user (in the sense that
you logged in as
a normal user and use "su" to issue the xl commands etc.).

So I was wandering if there would be another solution to this problem
in addiction to
the one I've just posted above.

Thanks!

--