Re: [Xen-devel] why xen use x86_emulation() in page_fault

At 21:07 +0800 on 11 Oct (1318367233), cc Luit wrote:
> > > Why don't you just use EPT/NPT instead of shadow pagetables?  That code
> > > is a lot simpler and the end result is easier to validate than shadow
> > > pagetables are.  Is it particularly important to support shadow
> > pagetables?
> >
> yeah, we have consider that, and of course the EPT is much more convenient,
> BTW, do you know is there any simulator that can well support EPT of xen?
> the shadow page's problem is a little relevent to the selection of
> simulator~

There's experimental support in Xen itself for running a hypervisor
inside a HVM guest.  On AMD, that includes (and indeed requires) NPT in
the guest hypervisor.  Unfortunately, on Intel it does not include EPT.

There may be some other simulators that have EPT/NPT - I don't know.

Cheers,

Tim.