[Xen-devel] why xen use x86_emulation() in page_fault

Hi, everyone, I have a question,
in the shadow_page_fault or ept mechanism, xen will use the x86_emulation for some instructions, I'm wondering why it must use it, if after we fix the SPT or EPT table, just VMEntry to HVM to re-excute this instruction  but not emulate in xen, is there some problems?

can sb. tell me why?
thanks:)

--
- Luit @ Parallel Processing Institute, Fudan University