[Xen-devel] VM_guest_metrics support

Hi,

I am developing a Xen management application only using the Xen API as it
seemed complete enough to use for the whole application, and indeed it is.
However, when trying to acquire a VM_guest_metrics reference (Debian, Xen
4.1-amd64 and Xen 4.1-i686 with XAPI) for a VM, the getter returns
MESSAGE_METHOD_UNKNOWN and the reference isn't included in VM.get_record either.

That said, wouldn't it be better to make the actual memory use available
through the VM_metrics memory_actual -- I know Xen always reserves the full
amount of memory needed, but this also renders the variable useless because
it'll probably resemble VM.memory_static_max if there is enough RAM to go
around.

So the question remains: how can I, using only the Xen API, acquire VCPU and
memory load -- preferably without the need to install anything? It would be
rather unpleasant having to create and install some simple daemon just to send
load numbers over to my backend.

Thank you for your time,