Re: [Xen-devel] ring buffer overflow

Stop top posting, I've asked you this before.

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 16:23 +0100, David Xu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use the libxc function xc_sched_credit_domain_set( int
> xc_handle, uint32_t domid, struct xen_domctl_sched_credit *sdom) in a
> user-level application. But I don't know how to set the value of
> xc_handle. Is there somebody familiar with it? Thanks.

You can't use xc_* functions in the kernel, they are userspace. You
could in theory look at the implementation of xc_sched_credit_domain_set
to find out what that hypercall is and make the underlying hypercall
instead, But:

The hypercall in question here is a domctl which are not available /
allowed from kernel space (for policy and semantic reasons rather than
technological ones).

As I explained elsewhere I don't think the architecture you have in mind
is correct. I think you should look at exporting the necessary
statistics from the kernel to userspace and have a daemon implement the
logic and mechanisms for changing the scheduling parameters as required.

Ian.