[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] block level intercept with blktap

Hi,

Developing blktap2 drivers in userspace is very easy.

You can find the source under tools/blktap2 in the Xen source tarball.
I suggest starting with the README and taking a look at tools/blktap2/drivers/block_ram.c which is a simple ramdisk implementation.
Blktap2 also allows the creation of "stacking" drivers which would probably be a good fit for an encryption driver as you could then use it with abitary backends.
CC'd the xen-devel list if anyone wants to chime in?

Just a note, take a look at the post to xen-devel about the tap-ctl utility being introduced, the documentation is yet to be updated to reflect it.

Joseph.