[Xen-devel] reg dom0 console

Hello All,

After a few months of hiatus, we have resumed working on mips port of Xen. We are at the point of booting dom0 userland (init process and its children).

The init process gets spawned and in turn forks off processes to run commands in /etc/rc.d/init.d/rcS. However, the getty process does not seem to run subsequently and hence the login prompt is not displayed. Dom 0 does not use the uart and uses the hvc0 driver.

I searched the web for hints and there were suggestions to add directives such as

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 hvc0

to /etc/inittab file. But that does not seem to help.

Could you please give any pointers to get getty talk to the console driver correctly ?

Screenshot of the tail
-------------------------------

0:<6>console [hvc0] enabled, bootconsole disabled
0:<6>console [hvc0] enabled, bootconsole disabled
0:Delay calibration in progress:
0:<6>Calibrating delay using timer specific routine..   0:<c>3211.14 BogoMIPS (lpj=1605570)
0:<6>Security Framework initialized
0:Mount-cache hash table entries: 4096
0:Checking for the daddi bug...   0:no.
0:<6>NET: Registered protocol family 16
Booting paravirtualized kernel on Xen  0:<6>Xen version: 3.4.0 (dom0)

init started: BusyBox v1.14.0 (2009-05-01 15:38:41 PDT)
Mounting all Filesystems...
... mounting done

<at this point cpu_idle() gets called and the processor waits indefinitely in a wait state>

thank you,
Prasad.