Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting the page fault count for domU

Hi,

At 17:48 -0700 on 01 Oct (1317491281), Chintamani Siddeshwar wrote:
> I am trying to see whether it makes sense to include this page-fault count
> while scheduling guests (vcpus), to achieve better performance isolation
> among guests. That is why I am interested in changing XEN's code - If the
> code changes that I suggested wont work, can you please suggest me any
> alternatives? That will be really helpful.

Are you looking to count:
 - page faults in the guest (that would have happened on a real server);
 - page faults caused by the hypervisor (i.e. due to shadow pagetables); or
 - page faults caused by Xen tools paging the guest memory to disk?

Or something else?  Not all pagefaults are easy to count, by the way.

Tim.