Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch 1/1] ext4-fix-dirty-extent-when-origin-leaf-extent-reac.patch

On 27/09/2011 21:35, Ted Ts'o wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 10:28:08AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

    Attached is the fix, verified in our env.

So.. you are asking for this upstream git commit to be back-ported
to 2.6.32, right?

I'm curious --- is there a good reason why Xen users are using an
upstream 2.6.32 kernel?  If they are using a distro kernel, fine, but
then the distro kernel should be providing the support.  But at this
point, 2.6.32 is so positively *ancient* that, I'm personally not
interesting in providing free, unpaid distro support for users who
aren't willing to either (a) pay $$$ and get a supported distro
kernel, or (b) use a much more modern kernel.  At this point, Guest
and Host Xen support is available in 3.0 kernels, so there's really no
excuse, right?

                                                - Ted

In my case, for Dom0 I use the 2.6.32 kernel from my distrib, because it's
stable.
I have stability problems with the kernel 3.0 on Dom0, and as I haven't
physical access neither kvm or serial port, I don't know what to report... It
just hang randomly, without any line in logs.

Does the Xen support on 3.0 kernels should be considered stable ?