Re: [Xen-devel] megasas stops I/O when running kernel as dom0 under xen4.1/4.2

On 24/08/11 18:20, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> On 24/08/11 18:09, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

>>> You can ignore this - it is not relevant.
>>>
>>> I have narrowed the problem to a bug in the interrupt migration code.
>> Goodies!
>>> The bug occurs when the move pending flag is set, and somehow another
>>> interrupt comes in on the old pcpu without triggering the move
>>> completion code.  This leaves the IO_APIC with ack'd but not EOI'd
>>> interrupt from the megaraid_sas device.
>> Ah, so the interrupt is delievered to Dom0 on the old per_cpu
>> event which is ignored. Ignored b/c we have rebinded the event channel
>> to the other CPU, right?
> The interrupt is not ignored - it seems to be being serviced by the
> device driver in dom0.   I will admit that my debugging code may be a
> bit flaky - I started by trying to match IRQ35 (which is always claimed
> by PCI INTA on this server - very useful for debugging) between do_IRQ
> and its related PHYSDEVOP_eoi.
>
> I am currently trying to track the exact order of events around this
> interrupt which misses the move completion code.
>
>> Is there any code in the Hypervisor to turn off interrupt migration code?
> Not that I have found, although playing around with vcpu and task
> pinning should work.  My debugging shows that Xen-4.1.1 is migrating
> this interrupt between PCPUs on average once every 4 real interrupts
> when dom0 is under any load whatsoever.

Please try attached patch.  It is a hack, but it works as far as I can test.

(Patch is taken against xen-4.1.1 but should be trivial to port if it
doesn't apply cleanly)

~Andrew

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com