Re: [Xen-devel] megasas stops I/O when running kernel as dom0 under xen4.1/4.2

On 19/08/11 19:10, Andreas Olsowski wrote:
> Am 19.08.2011 18:49, schrieb Andrew Cooper:
>
> > The only change you need to make is in megasas_probe_one() in
> > megaraid_sas_base.c
> >
> > Add a call to pci_enable_msi(pdev) immediately after the current
> call to
> > pci_set_master(pdev);
> >
> > ~Andrew
> >

> Yep, that works fine. Removed the module option as well.
>
> root@tarballerina:~# cat /proc/interrupts  |grep mega
> 2236:      69010          0          0          0          0
> 0          0          0  xen-pirq-msi       megasas
>
> The same procedure that would have lead to almost instant errors has
> not brought them to appear again.

Good.  This is what we are seeing as well.  I am still awaiting a reply
from LSI on this topic.

Unfortunately, this does point to a regression in the way Xen deals with
legacy interrupts.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com