Re: [Xen-devel] Event from dom0

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Jinesh M.K <mkjinesh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for your information, I tried the attached code for system call
> interception.

Well well, I think this technique doesn't fit your scenario -- I
misunderstood your case, I originally thought that you needed to know
what operation is happend inside other domain (and not letting it be
awared of this).

If you trust Dom0 (from a security perspective of view), then syscall
interception is not a good idea, there should be other better method.
Maybe, like Pasi said, inotify?

If you don't trust Dom0, then who is to be trusted? Xen has very
limited capabilities to serve high level needs, eventually,
complicated operations are passed to some guests to handle.

I think it is better to clarify you scenario.

Wei.