Re: [Xen-devel] request of blkfront may disorder after migration without waiting in suspend phase of migration

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 19:23 +0100, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 12:36:06PM +0800, alice wan wrote:
> > Hi konrad,
> >
> > I found the mainline linux 3.0-rc6 xen-blkfront driver doesn't implement
> > suspend func. In my opinion, the blkfront should wait till responses of all
> > the pending requests come back, then domu can be suspended,
>
> I think you mean blkback. It should be the job of blkback to account for
> all I/Os and make sure they have completed before migrating?

blkfront has a resume hook which (AIUI) is intended to recover things
after a migration and this seemingly does not require any work on the
suspend path (or at least was presumably thought not to when it was
written...).

Ian.