[Xen-devel] Re: Linux 3.0-rc1 - what Xen components went in.

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 11:48:20AM +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
I tried 3.0-rc2 as a Dom0 kernel, but I have problems with the block backend support.
Both Dom0 and DomU are Debian/Testing systems. XEN version is 4.1.0.

The 3.0-rc2 compiled and started without problems, even the DomU started. But when I looked at the DomU console I noticed that the system had problems with the filesystems. ext3 and ext4 partitions produced journal errors and got mounted read only.

I could solve this problem by using the mount option âbarrier=0â for all ext3 and ext4 filesystems in /etc/fstab.

The DomU kernel is a 2.6.36.4 vanilla kernel. I noticed that I canât use a newer kernel. Every kernel > 2.6.36 crashes the DomU immediatley (I donât even get a console). The log said that DomU was crashing too fast,

This seems to be fixed in 3.0 as well. At least I could use 3.0-rc3 as DomU kernel.

I have now a running Dom0 and DomU with 3.0-rc5, and everything is working fine.

Thanks for your help and your work!

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--