Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable warn_on in msi.c:636

>>> On 30.06.11 at 11:17, Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While hunting for a combination of hosts where I can reproduce a live
> migration bug, I finally found a combination of hosts where it also fails
> for me.
>
> Today I installed my xen-unstable package on the target host and got a
> few warnings in msi.c. If they indicate a real issue, what other info is
> needed from the system? Below is the xm dmesg and dmesg output.
> The kernel is from SLES11-SP1.
>
> (XEN) Xen WARN at msi.c:636

These are (from a functionality point of view harmless, as was
discussed in an earlier thread), but point at a still existing security
problem that the code in question fixes only partially. While just a
few days ago I got to put together a partial patch to eliminate
these warnings, there's some piece of information missing in the
hypervisor, and I'll need some more time to figure out whether
the information can be obtained safely by the hypervisor itself, or
whether it needs to be passed down from Dom0.

Jan