Re: [Xen-devel] Memory Page Sharing on Xen 4.0.1

Hi,

I tried the same links but had to make some changes to get it working.
Please find attached the sample working files for sharing a domU HVM page to dom0.
It has been tested xen-4.0.1 and HVM guest running ubuntu 10.10 with kernel version 2.6.35.9 (from kernel.org) compiled with CONFIG_XEN disabled and PVHVM drivers compiled in as modules.

Procedure:
1. Set LINUX_ROOT appropriately in Makefiles of dom0 and domU.
2. Set remote domain in dom0 appropriately "info.remoteDomain = <domU_domain_id>"
3. Compile modules dom0 and domU respectively on dom0 and domU guest.
4. Load module on domU first.
    # insmod ./domu_share.ko
5. do "dmesg" on domU and note down the grant reference number
    [ 1293.316240]  gref = 770   <<<--- this is the grant reference number
6. now load the module on dom0 by passing grant reference number as module param
    # insmod ./dom0_share.ko gref=770
7. do dmesg on dom0
======== dmesg on dom0 =====
    xen: dom0: init_module with gref = 770
xen: dom0: shared_page = 269f4000, handle = 9, status = 0
Bytes in page aseem sethi
XEN: dom: end init_module
======

Thanks & Regards,