AW: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...

Maybe a dump question, but in the beginning of our discussion, we had:

>> In drivers/scpi/processor_idle.c:
>> On a working Intel machine, it will go through it like this:
>>
>>   - acpi_processor_get_power_info_cst, which returns 0
>>   - acpi_processor_get_power_info_default
>>   - later acpi_processor_power_verify will find some c-states
>
>this is expected sequence
>

>> On my non-working AMD machine, it will go through like this:
>>   - acpi_processor_get_power_info_cst, which returns -ENODEV
>>   - acpi_processor_get_power_info_fadt, which also return -ENODEV
>>   - this result is returned

There is a comment in acpi_processor_get_power_info_default it is
said that all processors need to support C1 at least. So (hypothesis),
if my BIOS is not implemented as specified (neither _CST nor PBLK),
shouldn't acpi_processor_get_power_info_default also bee called on my
machine? Is the code exiting too early?

Carsten.