AW: RE: RE: RE: [Xen-devel] No C-States any longer...

Some in-between notes, if someone is better in analyzing the code. There
is the following sequence
In drivers/scpi/processor_idle.c:

        result = acpi_processor_get_power_info_cst(pr);

        if (result == -ENODEV)
                result = acpi_processor_get_power_info_fadt(pr);

        if (result)
                return result;

        acpi_processor_get_power_info_default(pr);

On a working Intel machine, it will go through it like this:

  - acpi_processor_get_power_info_cst, which returns 0
  - acpi_processor_get_power_info_default
  - later acpi_processor_power_verify will find some c-states

On my non-working AMD machine, it will go through like this:
  - acpi_processor_get_power_info_cst, which returns -ENODEV
  - acpi_processor_get_power_info_fadt, which also return -ENODEV
  - this result is returned

The returned result -ENODEV is cascaded up to the call in
xen_acpi_processor_power_init, but there
nothing is checked or done.

I will now try to find the root cause (acpi_processor_get_power_info_cst
is to be checked next).

Carsten.