Re: [Xen-devel] IOMMU Interrupt Remapping query

On 06/06/11 19:53, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 17:37, "Andrew Cooper" <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Attached are the two relevant patches, and two which I don't think are
>> relevant but might be if I am wrong.  crash_shutdown was an attempt to
>> make an iommu_ops which shut down all iommu functionality without saving
>> state.  debug-wip shows where I have put in debug statements.
> I think what you need to do ought to be quite similar to the teardown we do
> for S3 suspend. Have you considered reusing some of the mechanism in
> arch/x86/acpi/power.c? The function device_power_down(), and possibly some
> other bits in its caller, would be especially useful I should think. It
> already shuts down iommu functionality, turns off x2apic, etc etc. Even if
> it is not a perfect fit as is, perhaps it could be fixed up -- it sure looks
> similar to what ypu're trying to do. :-)
>
>  -- Keir

On a hunch, I tried that last night, and it resulted in the kdump kernel
hanging indefinitely (well - 14 hours now) on checking the hlt
instruction.  I will continue to play around with that area though, as
it does seem like a sensible idea.

~Andrew

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com