Re: [Xen-devel] "disk" option in hvm config file

On Sat, 28 May 2011, Bei Guan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does Xen HVM support the the "disk" option that can attach a FAT partion or a
> floppy image like the qemu? In qemu, we can do it with the option "-hda
> fat:/root/tmp/" and "-fda /root/floopy.img". Any reply isÂappreciated.

Unfortunately qemu-xen doesn't understand this option from xenstore so
it cannot be done from the VM config file.

However if you manually add "-fda /root/floopy.img" to the qemu command
line options, it might just work (I haven't tried this so I am not sure
though).
You can try this in two ways:

- if you are using xl, you can add the following line to the VM config
file:

device_model_args = ['-fda', '/root/floopy.img']

this would cause '-fda' and '/root/floopy.img' to be added to the qemu
command line.

- modify the VM config file to point to a wrapper script
for the device model:

device_model_override = '/path/to/wrapper_script'

the wrapper script is just a bash script that executes qemu adding '-fda
/root/floopy.img' to the command line arguments.