Re: [Xen-users] PV networking issue in 2.6.38.6 and 2.6.39-rc7 pvops dom0 kernels

On 05/16/2011 03:09 PM, Mario wrote:
On 05/16/2011 03:06 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 14:04 +0100, Mario wrote:
So you are telling me that 2.6.38 does not have a working networking on
PV guests, but HVM does?

Yes, netback did not go upstream until 2.6.39 so PV networking (either
for PV or HVM guests with PV drivers) will not work on mainline kernels
before that.

Emulated HVM networking does not use netback so that will work on
earlier kernels (it depends on qemu)

Ian.

Ok, thanks, it all makes more sense now. :-)

Ian, while i have your attention, any idea why some framebuffer devices blank screen when dom0 boots up. I have seen this happen mostly on older vga cards but its not a rule. Should i just keep on blacklisting kernel modules for those cards, or is there some kind of a more general solution?