Re: [Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.39 merge window (git pulls and what is planned to go in)

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:11:31AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 19:29 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > Probably over the weekend Linus is going to open the merge window.
> >
> > This merge window is much more complicated than the previous
> > one b/c we got a lot of good stuff.
> >
> > For my sanity and book-keeping I was thinking to email Linus
> > five git pull requests:
> [...]
> > .. and then during the next week of the two weeks merge window:
> [...]
> > In this order or so.
>
> Seems sane. I'm going to rebase my dev tree onto all these now (I think
> I've got most of it already)

OK. #linux-next is you place then.

> > In other trees by other maintainers we have:
> [...]
> >  git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git has
> >     xen suspend cleanups
> >     PVonHVM improvements - makes spinlocks be PV aware, balloon in HVM
>
> Are Shriram's suspend/checkpoint patches in the pipeline somewhere?

<head smack> I knew I forgot something.

The last I heard he was battling PVonHVM shutdown issues during his
testing of his patches.

Shririam?

> > The things that are not going in 2.6.39 are:
> >
> >   devel/xen-pciback-0.4.driver [xen-pciback]
>
> Targeting 2.6.40?

Yes.

> >   devel/xen-blkback-v1 [xen-blkback]
>
> 2.6.40 again?

Yeah, I think by that time any issues/failures would show up and I
can fix them.

> >   git://xenbits.xen.org/people/ianc/linux-2.6 upstream/dom0/backend/netback
> >     [xen-netback - well, it could if the network maintainers are comfortable
> >      with the driver, but I think it is still going through the review]
>
> I've got another round of (minor) review feedback to address, I'm still
> a little bit hopeful for a 2.6.39 merge.
>
> Either way this will go through the net tree not us.

<nods>