[Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.39 merge window (git pulls and what is planned to go in)

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 19:29 +0000, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> Probably over the weekend Linus is going to open the merge window.
>
> This merge window is much more complicated than the previous
> one b/c we got a lot of good stuff.
>
> For my sanity and book-keeping I was thinking to email Linus
> five git pull requests:
[...]
> .. and then during the next week of the two weeks merge window:
[...]
> In this order or so.

Seems sane. I'm going to rebase my dev tree onto all these now (I think
I've got most of it already)

> In other trees by other maintainers we have:
[...]
>  git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git has
>     xen suspend cleanups
>     PVonHVM improvements - makes spinlocks be PV aware, balloon in HVM

Are Shriram's suspend/checkpoint patches in the pipeline somewhere?

> The things that are not going in 2.6.39 are:
>
>   devel/xen-pciback-0.4.driver [xen-pciback]

Targeting 2.6.40?

>   devel/xen-blkback-v1 [xen-blkback]

2.6.40 again?

>   git://xenbits.xen.org/people/ianc/linux-2.6 upstream/dom0/backend/netback
>       [xen-netback - well, it could if the network maintainers are comfortable
>        with the driver, but I think it is still going through the review]

I've got another round of (minor) review feedback to address, I'm still
a little bit hopeful for a 2.6.39 merge.

Either way this will go through the net tree not us.

Ian.