Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] [Xen-devel] Re: Abnormal memory usage of dom0 under Squeeze leading to crash

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 20:58 -0500, chris wrote:
> I would like to just second this. I have 3 hosts running squeeze and
> am running into that issue as well. It seems after i start enough
> guests to leave dom0 with less than 1gb i get OOM going crazy killing
> xend and very shortly after a crash of dom0 which leads to reboot.
> Prior to Xen4 I had similarly bad experiences with memory ballooning,
> most with regard to any attempt to balloon down.

So this isn't a regression then?

It is unlikely that the version of Xen would be a factor here but rather
it is the version of the domain 0 kernel which would matter.

> I figured I'd give it
> a go on 4 and it seems I will be going back to limiting dom0's ram
> from the cmdline.

That's always the safest option IMHO.

Thanks,
Ian.