Re: [Xen-devel] xen boot crash

>>> On 12.01.11 at 10:45, Christoph Egger <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Changeset 22706:ca10302ac285  causes below boot crash.
> Reverting it makes xen boot again.
>
> The rip points to xen/common/page_alloc.c:543

Assuming the change was tested on x86-64, it must be something
unusual on your system that results in free_heap_pages() getting
called before the compat m2p table (and possibly the native one
too, as that one gets written after the compat one) was set up.
For understanding that, the actual call stack would need to be
worked out from the raw stack dump you provided.

Perhaps we'll need a global variable indicating when those tables
are ready to be used...

Jan