答复: [Xen-devel] Xen balloon driver discuss

Well, I think I know the problem.

The PoD expects Guest domain to balloon to the Max memory when getting start.

But in fact, I only have balloon driver installed in domain U, but have no actual balloon work.

So that is, if we run out of PoD cache before balloon works, Xen will crash domain(goto out_of_memory),

and at this situation, domain U swap(dom U can’t use swap memory) is not available , right?

And when balloon actually works, the pod cached will finally decrease to 0, and no longer be used any more, right?

In my understanding, Pod Cache is much like a memory pool used for domain initialization, this remind me of tmem,

which is a pool of all host memory. But tmem needs to have host OS modification, but since Pod supports hvm,

could we use this method to implement a tmem like memory overcommit?