Re: [Xen-users] [HOWTO] Running Xen 4.0 host (dom0) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6)

On 11/19/2010 12:11 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 12:08:30PM -0500, Digimer wrote:
On 11/18/2010 03:39 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
Note the kernel reference .config has debugging stuff enabled,
so that will slow down dom0.

-- Pasi

With regard to this;

I've been hoping to create a set of updated KVM vs. Xen benchmarks as
I've seen this asked for of late and existing data is>3 years old.

I would like to get the kernel setup relatively similarly to how it will
be setup if/when an RPM is provided for RHEL 6.

These are the DEBUG entries I found in .config from your tutorial. Which
are reasonable to set to n/m or just comment out? Did I miss anything
else I should change? Again, I'm not looking to optimize, just to get
closer to what the final generally available kernel will have.

Yeah, you should definitely disable the various DEBUG options
for performance benchmarking.

-- Pasi

Thanks, I'm compiling now. If it works, I'll post my patch for review/critique. :P

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@xxxxxxxxxxx