Re: [Xen-users] [HOWTO] Running Xen 4.0 host (dom0) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6)

On 11/18/2010 03:39 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
Note the kernel reference .config has debugging stuff enabled,
so that will slow down dom0.

-- Pasi

With regard to this;

I've been hoping to create a set of updated KVM vs. Xen benchmarks as I've seen this asked for of late and existing data is >3 years old.

I would like to get the kernel setup relatively similarly to how it will be setup if/when an RPM is provided for RHEL 6.

These are the DEBUG entries I found in .config from your tutorial. Which are reasonable to set to n/m or just comment out? Did I miss anything else I should change? Again, I'm not looking to optimize, just to get closer to what the final generally available kernel will have.

CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS=y
CONFIG_ARCH_SUPPORTS_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y
CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_HAVE_DMA_API_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_X86_DEBUGCTLMSR=y
CONFIG_PM_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_CFG80211_DEBUGFS=y
CONFIG_MAC80211_DEBUGFS=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_DEVRES=y
CONFIG_DM_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_FIREWIRE_OHCI_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_MLX4_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_LIBERTAS_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_ATH5K_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUGFS=y
CONFIG_RT2X00_LIB_DEBUGFS=y
CONFIG_SND_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_SND_PCM_XRUN_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG_DATA=y
CONFIG_JBD2_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_DLM_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_FS=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SHIRQ=y
CONFIG_SCHED_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS_FREE=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS_TIMERS=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS_ENABLE_DEFAULT=1
CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_RT_MUTEXES=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_PI_LIST=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_MUTEXES=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_LOCK_ALLOC=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_VM=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_WRITECOUNT=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_MEMORY_INIT=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_LIST=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SG=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_NOTIFIERS=y
CONFIG_FAULT_INJECTION_DEBUG_FS=y
CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_DMA_API_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_STACK_USAGE=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_RODATA=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_RODATA_TEST=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_NX_TEST=m
CONFIG_DEBUG_BOOT_PARAMS=y
CONFIG_KEYS_DEBUG_PROC_KEYS=y

I realize a bunch of these are for hardware that has little or nothing to do with Xen.

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@xxxxxxxxxxx