Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: build fix

On Monday 08 November 2010 17:38:18 Ian Jackson wrote:
> Christoph Egger writes ("[Xen-devel] libxl: build fix"):
> > Attached patch fixes libxl build.
> > libgen.h is needed for basename().
>
> Nacked-by: Ian Jackson <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Did you test this change ?

Sure. W/o that patch, compiling fails with
"implicit declaration" on NetBSD.

> Looking at the manpage I have here,

How does it differ to mine [1] ?

> and the xl code, the version of
> basename() expected by the libxl cpuid code is the GNU one,
> not the POSIX one, and they have different semantics.  I think we will have
> to open code an implementation of basename.

Can you imagine to make Xen tools prefer POSIX over GNU in general, please?

> I see that there is a lot of const-correctness misssing; if filename
> had been declared const char* as it should your compiler would have
> spotted the problem.

The compiler is pretty quiet w/o  -Wconst-char -Wwrite-strings
in respect to const-correctness.

[1] http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?basename+3+NetBSD-current

Christoph

--
---to satisfy European Law for business letters:
Advanced Micro Devices GmbH