Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] Xen build - Debian vs Redhat layout patch options

Bruce Edge writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] Xen build - Debian vs Redhat layout
patch options"):
> Yes and no. For building one only needs to add these in the env or
> Config.mk, but for runtime, xen checks each location in turn and for
> non-standard locations checks need to be added. eg:

Ah, I see what you mean.  But I think your grep cannot be reliable
anyway because we cannot anticipate all the ways a distro may be
weird.

If for some distro /etc/default needs to be changed to a third
possibility then yes they'll have to grep for /etc/default; but if
/etc is renamed /flibble then they'll have to grep for /flibble.  I
expect most distro packages and admins will know about these
idiosyncracies.

But write what you like; it's only a doc comment :-).

Ian.