RE: [Xen-devel] Re: new netfront and occasional receive path lockup

Gerald Turner wrote:
> "Xu, Dongxiao" <dongxiao.xu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Does this bug only happen when you launch multiple domUs?  I tried a
>> single domU and could not catch the bug.
>>

> I've been working on this server for about two weeks, I hadn't
> noticed the problem for the first week when I only had 3 domUs.  It
> started happening when I added 10 more domUs.  The problem would
> happen quickly, within 10 minutes, always affecting at least two
> domUs at random, and affect more domUs over time.
>
> Saturday I installed the updated driver with Jeremy's use_smartpoll
> parameter, ran for 24 hours with smartpoll disabled, no problems.
>
> Today I've been trying with smartpoll enabled.  It took an hour to
> affect two domUs - noticibly longer than the behavior previous days
> before installing your patch.  I still have 9 other domUs running
> with smartpoll enabled, four hours uptime, I'm surprised they haven't
> been affected yet.  Could there be another less-frequent race in
> smart_poll_function?

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your detail information.

Unfortunately I don't have such platform that could launch more than 10 guests
in hand.

Here is another patch (see attached file) that fix another potential race.

Do you have bandwidth to have a try? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
-- Dongxiao