Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] [Xen-devel] xen-linux-system-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64: Lenovo R61, kernel boots on baremetel, no boot with xen4 hypervisorâ

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 11:31 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> > > I really am not sure either, but I do see KMS messages in my kernel log,
> > > see attached nouveau-crash.txt

Although Squeeze is 2.6.32 based it is carrying a backport of the 2.6.33
(I think) DRM code. I think this means it has KMS although I'm not even
80% sure on that...

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:08:21AM -0400, Mike Viau wrote:
>
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM
>
> But it might be that those patches are already in the source tree that
> you are using.
>
> If you know how to search for patches that were compiled in an Debian
> kernel, try looking for these:
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/devel/kms.fixes-0.5

Hmm, I think that was among the stuff which was deliberately excluded
from the Squeeze kernel by the Debian maintainer.
(See this thread:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-xen-devel/2010-August/002918.html )

I have put a version of the 2.6.32-21 package which reinstates those
changes at <http://www.hellion.org.uk/debian/test/> which it would be
useful to test. (actually the upload is ongoing, I'm betting on the
timezones allowing it to complete before you see this ;-))

The packages are otherwise identical to the 2.6.32-21 package currently
in Sid.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Pantera - Psycho Holiday

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.