Re: [Xen-devel] RE: xl fails to work with some command

Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 01:17:08PM +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010, Weidong Han wrote:
Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Zhang, Yang Z wrote:
6.  vcpu-set is not supported by xl. So some RAS case which use xl vcpu-set
to set guest's cpu set will fails. case "vcpu_hot_add_64_g32e" fails.
actually vcpu-set is supported by xl, have you found any bugs using it?
For pv guest, it work well. But for HVM guest, xl miss some function about cpu
hotplug which was added recently.

xl seems only support FLR and didn't support Second Bus Reset and D0/D3. Will
you add them in xl?
xl uses the sysfs "reset" node provided by the pci subsystem of the
Linux kernel, that should support Secondary Bus Reset and D0/D3 already.
Do you mean xl uses Linux kernel PCI API (i.e. pci_reset_function) to reset PCI device?
Yes, give a look at libxl_device_pci_reset: first libxl tries to use the
pciback sysfn node "do_flr", but if it is not present it will use the
standard linux sysfs "reset" node.
Please note that on pvops kernels the do_flr node is not present (but it
is present on both XCP and XCI kernels) while the reset node points to
pci_reset_function.
<hint>I am all up for receiving the patches from XCP/XCI for this</hint>

I think that using the standard linux reset mechanism is a better way to
handle this as oppose to have our own do_flr method.
Pls note that there are some specific FLR functions for graphics pass-through. They should be ported to xl.

Regards,
Weidong