Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-4.0-testing test] 2032: regressions - FAIL

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 11:08 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> > -#XENCONSOLED_TRACE=[none|guest|hv|all]
> > +XENCONSOLED_TRACE=guest
>
> I didn't know this was possible.  Perhaps it should be the default ?

I think we'd need to arrange for rotation etc to take place before we
could turn it on by default, which wouldn't be a simple logrotate config
snippet due to the somewhat unpredictable filenames. I'm not sure if
xenconsoled handles reopening logs either (I didn't check though).

I think it's best left as a developer/debug option which can be turned
on when necessary for the time being.

> Certainly it should be for my testing, which I will sort out.

Thanks,
Ian.