Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Hypervisor start fail when system memory more than 64GB, and free xen memory over 32 GB

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 05:46:24PM +0800, benian wrote:
>    Hi Pasi
>    I finally boot up successfully by simply modified  the kernel config
>     item CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=32 to CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=128
>    (just choose a random value >72 ),
>    then rebuild the kernel-2.6.32 , and everything is ok.
>    By the way, i 've done many test and i finally found that
>    if unallocated memory(total - dom0 ) >32GB, boot up would be failed in my
>    environment.
>    for example, after I modified the kernel config, hypervisor boot normally
>    and dom0 get 72GB.
>    If i add dom0_mem= 32G(unallocated 40G) to grub option, hypervisor boot
>    fail again,
>    and if dom0_mem= 41G(unallocated 31G), hypervisor boot normally again.
>    So , might it be a problem of xen-4.0 that unable to handle unallocated
>    memory >32GB?

Sounds like a bug yeah.. How does it fail in the dom0_mem=32G case? What's the
error?

Can you please paste the full bootlog of the failing boot from a serial
console?
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole

-- Pasi